So lost

I am so confused. I love my husband, I do. I just don't think its marriage love. I love how he is there for the kids, his or not. I love how patient he tries to be. Beyond that, I'm miserable. Always depressed. We argue all the time, usually over something small and unimportant. We were going to get a divorce. Decided against it. You shouldn't be this upset.

And before you assume, there isn't another guy. Yes some ask and mention interest. Honestly, I want me time. Time to figure out what I truly want. But I'm terrified I'm depressed for other reasons, and taking it out on him. I'm scared to lose something that could be great. Scared I'm not seeing the big picture. Any advice...please

angeleyes0306

Asked by angeleyes0306 at 5:17 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you thought of going to get help. To see if you are actually depressed and not just hating your DH/relationship?

Answer by louise2 at 5:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• We have zero money for help. And I truly don't know. We've had problems. But I really don't think I hate him.
    angeleyes0306

Comment by angeleyes0306 (original poster) at 5:28 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Don't think about the "we" think about the "you". Figure out you first THEN the relationship. I will say that marriage waxes and wanes as does the moon.
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 5:29 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• you need to take some time far from him, been far from him for a while will make u think better ; about good and bad thing on him and good memories and bad once as well, you'll see if u could live ' or support ' those differncies or not , coz no body is perfect in my opinion, you must find somthing ' WHY' did u want marry him and the point that attract u to him , you are a familly now so u can't think only about ,u cann't be selfish coz u dont live alone now u have kids and HB , things are differnet than been singel and no kids , think about the whole familly and if you could live this way, dont throw everything coz of some misunderstanding or a new intruder ( and this intruder is just a change in ur life ) so what u want is some changes, try to do some changes in ur life with ur HB and kids, hope u'll not regert ur decision ( never take a decision while u'r vulnerable or week ) take ur time
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 5:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Check into counseling available for low income if no money for that. Also, check with your regular doctor or clinic about getting checked out for some sort of clinical depression that might be able to be helped with medication. I would do all of this before changing anything about your living situation. Getting away might help you think, but might not be possible either, depending on your situation. GL !!!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 7:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Do you have health insurance? Most allow for counseling. Or see if you can get free services by your state.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2010