is it ok for my one year old to drink coffee?

Lscott200

Asked by Lscott200 at 5:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No. Caffeine causes heart issues. Why would you want to give a child that young that? You risk scalding as well and its empty calories at a time when the child needs healthy milk!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't think it's the best idea. Coffee has a lot of caffeine in it. I don't think it'll kill him, but I sure wouldn't give it to my 2 year old!
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 5:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• no
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 5:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 5:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Why would you even consider it?
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• do 3/4 milk and a dash of coffee if they want to be like mommy and daddy. thats how my gram would mix it up for me when I was trying to be a grown up. Just so you know my coffee now is mostly milk and sugar though...lol
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• my daughter has tried it. but she has lose interest in it by now. she is 19months. i was raised on coffee and milk. just part of my culture but not sure if she will ever be into it. but i wouldn't give her alot just a sip here and there. they are curious creatures those 1yrs. lol
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• personally i wouldnt even consider it diluted. my daughter has enough energy as it is. and beyond that, she has no concept of what the drink is besides its something her papaw drinks. the only reason she has even entertained an interest in drinking his is because its HIS drink....it doesnt matter it is. she just wants to drink or have what everyone else has.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I woud say no, i wouldnt, but decaff coffee isnt the end f the world, if you wan t give her a sip here and there, but honestly i dont thinkyou were serious about this question b/c heat would mean you are really dumb!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No, not really, but I gave my children sips now and then because they wanted to know what it tastes like.....I also made them their own "coffee" using heated milk, sugar, and about a quarter of a teaspoon of instant coffee, decaf if I had it around.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2010