I don't know what to do!

Ok so I and dh plan on ttc n a month or so. It will be our 3rd :-) Anyways, the major hospital where I am most likely gonna be forced to go to(I'm always a bit of a high risk labor) has a person working in the labor and delivery area(a RN) who despises me. A relative of mine. We don't speak to each other. She's sneaky and mean and I fear she would do something to me or baby. What to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• dont use that er.. switch u have right to choose where your baby is born
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 7:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would let the doc and staff know that you are not comfortable with her and if possible, do not want her taking care of you or your child.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:19 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Legally she can't do a damn thing without it costing her a job. Let the other staff know that you do not want her tending to you or your baby. If she tries anything she'll not only be out of work, she will have a very hard time finding a new job. But you can't be "forced" to deliver at that hospital. If there's another option go with it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would switch hospitals. I am sure you can find another hospital somewhere in your area. They can not literally force you to go there honey.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 12:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• They can force her to go there if the insurance will only pay for that hospital in that area. But do what most people are saying. Let the other nurses or the nurse in charge of the floor know you are uncomfortable looking after you or your baby. I don't see why they wouldn't honor your request.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 12:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2010