Who would you allow in the delivery room?

Both times for me its been dh only and will be that way for any future babies. My mom pitched a big ol fit about it with first baby. Who wants their mom to see them down there? She caused such a problem that I literally went to the hospital in labor with baby#2 and didn't tell her until WELL after baby was born. Like days. I just got tired with the first baby of her not respecting my privacy with labor, breastfeeding and showering postpartum. If you dh/so couldn't make it to the hospital, who would you want there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• A nurse. I don't like having other people in the delivery room other then my DH. I don't understand why other people feel it's their place to get upset if they aren't invited to the labor room.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Amen!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I had my Dh, my mother, and a Wiccan High Priestess in the delivery room. Plus all hospital staff and midwife. lol. The room was full. I really didnt care about modesty at that point. Mom and the Priestess stayed out of money shot range. Dh stayed at my back rubbing it for hours. I had all back labor.

This time it will probably be just DH. My mother will be with our DD.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I've only ever wanted DH, but if that wasn't an option then my mom. With my most recent delivery we let her in the room about 2 hours before baby was born. She tried her best to blend in last minute rather than leave (as discussed) so I had to give her the boot. I love my mom, but she makes any stressful situation 100 times worse plus the last thing I want is an audience. Family can come in after we've had a little time with our baby.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 6:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Do not have no person other than your Doctor and his or her staff in delivery room. Because of Health and safty issues.Your Mother knows the viewing of the birth of the Baby is not as important than the Health and Safty of the Baby and you.
    Glo402

Answer by Glo402 at 6:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would prefer my mom if DH can't make it
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 6:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I had plans for my good girlfriends, family and my hubby. but on the day at at 11 pm at night when i had to go into the room I just said to hubby im having this baby... he said do you want me to ring anyone.? at that time I was just like NO WAY..

I didnt feel comfortable having people there and I would feel like I was suffocating. so in the end I just had me hubby and two midwives. 3 hours later I had bub, and by 6 am I was out of the hospital. ( I was at a special clinic that promotes natural births and placing you back at home ASAP) . Then the family came over.. By that time I was so exhausted but had to do the whole here is my baby have a look and cuddle. lol. I hadnt slept for 3 days due to back pain either so wasn't fun.

Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 7:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My mom was there when i had my 1st along with the bio-dad but we were married and I was barely 18. My 2nd and 3rd it was only my husband and all the nurses and students that thought it was a free show!!! I was there when a good friends had her son.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I had my husband and my Mum plus midwife etc there the whole way through for the first baby and with our second baby it was my husband and me and the usual hospital staff and my midwife until right at the end when my Mum came (at my invitation)
    kiwimum

Answer by kiwimum at 7:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• #1 I had my midwife, the student nurse midwife (who actually delivered my baby), and 2-3 nurses.
    #2 I had DH, my midwife, midwife's DD (medical student who was trying to decide if she wanted to go into OB, they asked ahead of time and I was fine with it, ended up being a good thing because she held a mirror so I could watch!), and a couple nurses.
    #3 I had DH, midwife, 2 nurses.
    #4 I had DH, midwife, 2 nurses, and a student nurse plus the CNA she was shadowing (they stood off to the side though, not watching my coochie)
    #5 I had DS, midwife, 2 nurses.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2010