What is the Illuminati?

Amoraeterna

Asked by Amoraeterna at 5:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Illuminati (which means the "Enlightened) is supposed to be a group of people ( or groups) that are believed by some to actually control most of the goings on in the world (world politics, wars, economic shifts.... in control of everything basically) and are believed by some to be the architects behind creating the "New World Order".
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• are believed by some to actually control most of the goings on in the world

Wow, I never heard of this before.  Are the Illuminati humans?  Or gods?  Something else?

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 1:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Anonymous

• ^^^cripes^^^

Didn't mean to click on "Anon". That's ^^^me^^^
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Humans.. lol

Think of it this way.. A secret organization, that is predominately filled with very powerful and very rich people. These people are major players in the world: multi-national industrialist, political figures, etc.. These people basically pull strings, set up deals, in order to "Control" the decisions a government makes.. Decisions like: brokering deals for control/access to resources, buying selling weapons on both sides (all sides..lol) of the playing field, working with governments to set up specific business deals that gain more power and access in the world, persuade leaders into wars/trade agreements/ government policies..etc.. That are meant to create a "New World Order". Which from my understanding (which could be totally wrong) is supposed to be about bring the World together under the corporate Rule of a few specific companies/people..

Me, not something I believe in. But do it could be possible.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Thanks for the info pixie.

MamaK I liked he Da Vinci Code, I might have to check out the Angels and Demons. Thanks.

Amoraeterna

Comment by Amoraeterna (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Oh, okay, I understand. It's fictitious, because it's an "organization" that Dan Brown, a fiction author, wrote about. Like a conspiracy, right?
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No it is a real thing.... but there are so many different things about it. Most of it is hidden ... you see Satan has a plan too..... and not a pretty one either!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have not read any of Dan Browns works so I don't know...but is it true that he shows Galileo as involved with the Illuminati? Cuz Galileo died in 1642 and I just read on Wikipedia that the Illuminati was founded by a dude named Adam Weishaupt on May 1, 1776.  It also says the New World Order is a conspiracy theory.

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010