What's a good curfew time for an 16yr old girl?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My kids didn't have a curfew.....I wanted to know where they were going, who they were going with, what time it was over, and if they were going somewhere else after, I wanted a phone call....then they were to come home, when whatever they were doing was over....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• imo 10pm. But I don't have a teen. My mother was always overprotective though and I never had a normal teen "life". So I was always home.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I never got to go out of the house at that age, not even on weekends. If its a school night I'd say no going out unless its like ball practice, choir, etc. And on weekends 9pm. But I don't have to worry about it for 10 more years!!! lol I'll probably change it by then.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think by law its 10pm, but I think it can be whatever you want. Its your kid, if you say 7pm on the dot be in this house, then at 645 she better be home.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• my mom made me be home by 9 every night but I got 1 night a weekend to stay out till midnight. I squeezed sooo much horrible behavior in before 9pm I dont even want to let my kids leave the house!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• 10:30
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 7:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i don't think i'm going to try to lay a time down...its going to depend on what they say they are doing, who they are doing it with...etc... during the week of course i will want them home at a decent hour but on the weekend if they are going to be with so and so and there mom is taking them..then whatever.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Honestly I am not sure, but would love to hear some answers. When I was growing up none of us had curfews, we did not even have to come home if we did not want to, all my mother asked was that we let her know where we are at all times, if we leave that location let her know when we left and were we went and etc. it always worked for us.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 12:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• During the week my 16 yr old son needs to be home 10, but he is typically home no later than 9pm.
    On the weekends it really depends on what his plans are, who he is with, where he is going, what they are doing. Depending on that the curfew is typically 12a. I've let him stay out later but it only if he called when he got there, called when left, I knew the parents where home and trusted the kids he was with. Most times though they are all at my house watching movies by 11:30p on weekends.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• SalemWithcChild, I know exactly how you feel! My life was anything but "normal". We had to be home cleaning or doing homework. We weren't even allowed to answer the phone or front door! Mine was overprotective because she was paranoid! I wonder if that's why I've always had a hard time staying home come to think of it... And I thought it was because I wanted to be a social butterfly as well as a free spirit! LOL
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 6:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2010