Why am I always taking care of the neighbor child?

A friend of mine always seems to end up with the neighbor's child. Her daughter gets along with the child, but the mother never ask if my friend's daughter can spend time at their house. She doesn't want to stop her daughter from spending time with her neighbor's child, she just feels she getting the short end of the stick? Any ideas how she can aproach the neighbor and still keep peace in the neighborhood?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If the child will not be well looked after I would not want her visiting the other house. The neighbor's child is very lucky to have a friend's home to visit. If she is well behaved and the girls enjoy themselves I would be happy the way it is and then there never would be uncomfortable feelings that my child is not being cared for properly. Your friend is a blessing.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Send her child to the other girls house for awhile.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If she's sick of it tell the kid to go home. No point in bitching if you're letting it happen.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 7:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• She would, but she's afraid her child wouldn't be looked after since they don't even look after their own... Good idea though!
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 6:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If she doesn't want the other kid over tell her to go home.

My kids bring neighborhood kids home all the time (after school, on weekends).  If I don't want kids in the house I tell them to leave.  It's my house.  The kids have never been offended.  They just think they pushed me too far and better leave before I get really mad and ground my own kids and then they have no one to play with, lol.  But their older.  My kids never really had friends when they were preschool age.  They just played with each other.  My 4yo usually just tags along with her older siblings but has no friends of her own...yet.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2010