No one wants to leave home?

Want to start a women's get together one night a week where we can let our hair down and share, listen, have meals, and activities. Problem is, no one wants to leave home anymore. I know its not just me, it happens a lot! Even our 4th of July parade only had a few show up. The streets use to be lined up with people at one time! In fact, all the events I went to this year was slim pickens. Didn't even have to wait in line! What can I do to get people out of their homes and back into socializing again? Life is too short to waste it on sitcoms that aren't even about real people. Help?????

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Entertainment

• cause a power outage :-P
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 6:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Adelinasmommy, that was good! Thank you, I needed to laugh!!!
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 6:30 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• anytime :-)
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 6:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• power outage...that's funny.  But true.  Everytime my block lost power in the last 10 years everyone ended up on their front porches because it was too hot and boring to be in the house (this usually happened after a big storm in the winter).  It was always a blast to drink up everyone's beer before it got warm and just hang out.

As to the question...some people just don't have the time or money to go out.  I know I don't.  I have 5 kids and my husband works nights.  When he's not working I like spending my time with him since we barely see each other.  I don't really have the extra money to justify going out to eat with friends or stuff like that.  It's just easier to stay home.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• People don't go out as much when money is tight. Even to go to free events because it saves on gas by not going.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2010