My friend is having a second shower, and her first is only 5!

I don't know what the general rule is, but I just got an invitation in the mail from a friend for her second child. Her first just turned 5 a few days ago and this new baby is with the same husband. Is it just me or do you think that's weird. I thought you only get one shower, unless it's been like 10 years or something. She's registered and everything. I've heard of having a "sprinkle" but this is a full blown shower.

jen282

Asked by jen282 at 6:28 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What I read was, that it is "ok" to have a shower for your second if it was the opposit sex as your first or it has been 5 or more years.

Amoraeterna

Answer by Amoraeterna at 6:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i dont know why its a big deal at all? I never got a shower for my first, who is 4 today!, but I would like to have one for a second baby.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:41 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 6:41 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think that you can have as many showers as your friends and family choose to give you. I think every child deserves one. Different things will be needed. It sounds like there is something else going on. Go if yu choose and give what you would like to and can afford.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• What does it matter? Our needs change. Stuff wears out. And lets face it, we could all use some help when it comes to bringing another baby into the family.... I mean, wouldn't you want one for each child? We do it here. We love spoiling the new baby and helping the family get started with each new birth...Hope this helps..
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 6:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• In our fam we ususaly do one with every baby no matter how many years apart they are. This is how I've always seen them done too.Every baby is special, and we all feel like they all deserve to have some new stuff.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 7:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I totally agree, I think it's horribly tacky to have more than one baby shower!! A baby shower is supposed to help first time parents get set up with the new baby. With a second baby, you already have a lot of equipment, etc. I think it's just a rude solicitation of gifts!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• *for
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:13 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• A shower is a party, and parties are meant to celebrate things. I fail to see the problem with having a baby shower for this new kid.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:21 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I didn't mean to sound bi*#hy about, I've just never known anyone to have two so close together. I'm sure there is stuff that she needs. I was just a suprise when I got the invite because I've never had some one do that before.
    jen282

Comment by jen282 (original poster) at 7:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2010