My husband took a check to the postal office to mail it to the Pension Department in our state.

It is now almost two weeks and they still have not cashed our check that would cover the cost of the loan we had with them so we could get a new loan . Hubby keeps calling the state but they still have not cashed the check. The loan process would have started from Nov.1. Anyone have any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• Sometimes it takes awhile for government offices to get checks cashed and posted to your account. I don't know what you can do other than keep calling. I'm sorry, this has to be so frustrating.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Don't bring the post office into it, they have nothing to do with it. (Sorry, just sick of people ragging on the P.O.). Keep calling the pension office, it's the only way you'll get anything done. Find out if they've recieved your check, find out the status of your loan, check with the bank and if you ask really nicely they'll sometimes call when that check comes in. But really, you just have to keep hounding the state about it - but keep in mind it is government and the government will take their merry old time with too much stuff that aggravates us little people!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If it's anything like my state, it can take a couple of months or more just for them to process it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2010