• In the Spotlight:

Is my 9 month old son eating enough?

I'm not sure how to handle solids yet. I started when he was 4 months old with cereal mixed with breastmilk. Around 5 month old I started with gerbers stage 1 of green and yellow vegetables and fruits such as apple, pears and bananas. Around 7 month old I started stage 2 of gerber products basically the same veggies and fruits. Around 8 months I started with stage 2 chicken, turkey and beef with vegatbles dinners. Now he's 9 month old, he usually eats 3 times a day, and have at least 5 nursing or more. But I'm not sure I'm giving him the right amount of food in each meal. I usually give him 3 tbs of a vegetagle with 3 tbs of a fruit for lunch or dinner and 3 tbs of cereal mixed with breastmilk with 3 tbs of fruits for breakfast. He's doesn't have any theet yet, I'm not sure if I should beggin more chunky food or not, I'm not sure if I can give him table food, like crakers, etc.

Jessiemn

Asked by Jessiemn at 6:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that if he were still hungry or you werent giving him enough to eat he would tell you...... i think if he is growing fine you have nothing to worry about
    tierrarutledge

Answer by tierrarutledge at 6:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• your baby is just fine with the food your feeding him cut back on the amount of milk though soon he will be one and you can start giving him one feeding of milk before bed. you that you cant start giving him the same food you eat but take it slow cause he has to get use to it. good luck.......
    Anonymous

• Mine is 10 months and he's been eating solids for a while. He loved cheerios before he had teeth.
    Anonymous

• as long as he's not hungry you're doing a good job.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Keep checking his weight, watch for hunger signs and cheerios are a pretty good starter food if he is sitting up well, and can get them himself. Keep his nursing times on a schedule so he's hungry for the food. Good luck, Mom!
    raawmom

Answer by raawmom at 12:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2008