TMI. A question about your monthly gift adult content

Is it normal to get blood clots during your period? I've always had them and just found out that its a symptom of a disease so I was wondering if its normal.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 7:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Health

• I used to get them before I had DD. heaps! but im on implanon now and dont get heavy periods but i do get random and lengthy ones! I wouldnt worry too much , but if you think its an issue see your doctor.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 8:24 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• As far as I know the clots are just part of the normal process of the uterus shedding its lining. Just like you I have always had the clots too, I just hope that you and I are both normal and its nothing to worry about.
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 7:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yep, that's normal as long as the clots aren't enormous. Enormous clots could indicate an issue, endometriosis springs to mind as a possible issue associated with large blood clots during menstruation.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I get them all the time. I recently went in for blood work due to being tired all the time and was told that I'm anemic because of my heavy periods. So just an fyi in case you are feeling tired and can't figure out why:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have had blood clots everytime, when Aunt Erma visits. That is what the British call it. LOL.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 11:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I do have endometriosis, and no its not a symptom, it is however a symptoms of Adenomyosis, which I think I may have also
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 7:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2010