How do you night potty train?

Even though I have 2 others potty trained, my 3rd one is just a pain when it comes to night potty train. She is completely potty trained during the day and may have 1 accident a month at school. She will just pee all over herself at night. Any suggestions are welcome, thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• With all of my kids, it just happened eventually.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Some kids are not physically ready and my son is four. We still do pull ups. The reason, he is a super soak-er at night. Very wet. A few months ago he started waking in the night and going into the bathroom to pee on his own. I took that as a sign. So I said when he has a week of no peeing in the bed.....new sheets, new undies, and a new special big boy pillow. He did a week. Started out great the first two nights and had some accidents. Back in the pull ups again. And there is no shame in that. His body is physically not mature or ready for that yet. So he does still get up when he can and feels that urge. But sometimes he doesn't and sleeps right through it. I'm not rushing it. It will happen eventually. There is a reason why pull up sizes continue to big kid sizes. It is not a result of lazy parents. Its because there is a genuine market to meet the needs of kids. All things in due time.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:16 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i'd like to know this as well:)
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 7:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My daughter was trained during the day for almost a year before she got the nighttime thing down.Here is what we did with her. We limited the amount that she drinks about an hour before bed and we make sure she goes to the bathroom one last time as part of our routine and put her to bed in pull ups. We attempted panties for a while, but after several accidents in a week, we switched back. She got to the point where she was having more dry nights than wet nights and one night as I was getting her ready for bed, she told me she wanted to wear her panties. I kind of questioned it, but let her have her way. We have only had a handful of accidents since then and it's been about 6 months or so. Some kids just need a little extra time to master the night time.

lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 11:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If your child has a bed wetting problem I highly advice taking the child to the Doctor. If you are talking about a parent that works shfts.Train the child just the same as you would if it was day time hours. Some times nerves cause bed wetting or a under developed bladder.
    Glo402

Answer by Glo402 at 8:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• There is a wide range of what is normal for being dry at night. It comes in time. Use a night time diaper.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:28 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My sister-in-law use to do that all the time and they found out it was because she was to warm at night. Once they gave he a lighter blanket she started doing just fine. I hope you figure it out. Best of luck!
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 8:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• limit fluids, make sure they don't go to bed with a cup/bottle, make sure they pee right before bed.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My daughter was bet wetting for a while after being potty trained. NO LIQUIDS AFTER & PM. Before she goes to bed , have her go to the bathroom. SHe never wet the bed again.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2010