Does your mood/state of mind during pregnancy determine the childs temperament?

eg; If you're laid back during pregnancy, will the baby be one of those who sleep well and are naturally laid back? What was your experience? Do you see any connection between your childs temperament as he/she grows older and your temperament during pregnancy?

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 7:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was pretty blessed to be stress free and taken care of for the last 6 months of my pregnancy and the first 6 months of my daughter's life and she is the most laid back, easy going happy baby I know. I ate well, slept a lot and had a beautiful experience overall. I think that it makes a difference because what you experience, your unborn experiences. When you are stressed, your body produces the amino acids tied to that emotion, same as every other emotion and your unborn experiences the same thing. IMHO, they are definitely linked but it could go either way, they have their own little personalities anyway and there's little you can do about how they are hard wired. If you can't be stress free, I wouldn't worry about it, just handle it the best you can and take care of yourself, eat lots of good food and get plenty of sleep and your child will respond positively. They learn how to handle the world from their parents.
    orangewedge

Answer by orangewedge at 8:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have heard that but I personally don't really buy it...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I dont think so with my last one and this one i am meaner then ever, my last one is so sweet , I never had a more sweet baby
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:24 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't think so, whatever the baby is going to be that is what you get, lol.
    LuvinMom73

Answer by LuvinMom73 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't think so. I do believe that the parent's moods after the baby is born can help define the child's temperament though.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2010