my hubby adult content

I have been sleeping on the couch since DS was born to not wake DH b/c he has to wake up early for work. Anyways, this morning I got up and thought he hadnt gotten up yet and he was going to be late. I saw the bedroom door was shut but the light was on so I knocked and cracked the door. I said "hey" and he jumped up and I could tell thru the crack in the door he was naked. I'm almost positive he was masturbating. I'm not sure how to feel about this. He looks at porn often which doesnt bother me but masturbating in the house with me and the kids here seems a little messed up to me. Atleast do it in the bathroom or lock the bedroom door. Should I act like I never saw him? I don't think he knows I did see anything. Should I congfront him? what would u do?

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 8:28 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• It is a natural activity. He apparently never thought he'd be caught like that. Don't say anything to him. He's already embarrassed enough and will do it in private next time. If he doesn't, then ask him to please do it behind locked doors so the children won't walk in on him.

Answer by Bmat at 8:32 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Why is it a problem to masterbate in your room? locking the door probably would have been better. but is it likely the kids or you will barge in??
    as for the masterbation why does he feel the need to do it and not ask you for sex instead? and why do you really need to sleep on the couch.. seriously! i know you feel for him and his sleep but bloody hell. I dont think your relationship will stay positive if you are commanded to a coach.. its unfair for you and i dont see how it is homely. But it is your decision and i understand that you respect his sleep.

I think you should definately talk to him.. Ask him why he masterbates and why he doesnt ask you for sex anymore? has your love life really gotten that bad that he has resulted to stimulating himself? if so .. spice it up ! :) goodluck
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 8:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• he does ask me for sex. we have sex almost daily. i was sleeping on the couch as our 2nd DS is only 2 months old and is not sleeping thru the night. That is why I sleep on the couch. They baby cries and cries all night so I hang out there and watch tv or turn a music channel on. And to masturbate in our room is not the problem. Hell i masturbate just not when anyone is home. and I i appreciate ur opinion but don't assume my relationship is bad. It's not.. We love eachother very much.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Why is it a big deal he masterbates. Plus what do you expect since you aren't even sleeping with him?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• well that puts things into better perspective.. sorry i wasnt trying to be rude by assuming. I dont think there is a real issue, if it bothers you , then you need to talk to him about it.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 8:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• just tell him you would appreciate it if maybe he would lock the door next time..just in case any of the older kids were to pop in
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Why the hell are YOU on the couch?!!!! Tell him to get the hell out of that bed and let you and baby have the fkn room!
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 8:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• its masturbating so what who cares honestly, i do it lol my hubby knows im 2 sore for sex at 35 weeks pregnant these days and have SPD and i tell him well going to bed watching a lil "tv" on my phone and have alone time and calling it a night he just laughs, and i dont lock the door why should i have to its my house, my dd is 22 months old shes sleeping, if she was to wake up its easy to take hand out of the pants lol, plus at 2 months old i doubt your child will be walking in lol
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• You're seriously overreacting. You caught him spanking the monkey, big whoop, it's likely he'll never do it where you can catch him again, that's human nature.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i don;t want to be in the room. he needs the bed more than I do. He is a roofer and works from 6am till it gets dark out. man why is it wrong of me to be a considerate wife???? I would rather be able to sit and watch tv or listen to music then sit in the dark in our bedroom.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2010