With the new release of the movie Paranormal Activity 2, I was wondering who protects the interests of the baby starring in that film?

I know there are child labor laws, but the scenes described piss me off that a baby was even involved! Levitating, crying, being 'haunted'. There are more animal rights protestors out there than there are for babies! I just hope that child was taken care of. If anyone has any info on it, I'd appreciate it. I would just like to know that Hollywood and money did not come before this child's welfare. Thank u :-)

taliarosesmommy

Asked by taliarosesmommy at 8:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Entertainment

• i highly doubt this child was "endangered" or was maltreated in any way. If you have ever been on a movie set, it's nothing like the movie. It's a totally different scenerio than what we see ont he big screen.

If i was offered $50,000 (probaly more) to let my baby star in a scary movie...you can betcha i would sign her up. I highly doubt that the baby was ever put in harms way. Do you really think this baby thought it was being haunted? They do all the special effects after they film the movie...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Are you kidding? Kids rights are well taken care of during movie filming. My son has been an extra a few times and trust me, they are fine and they aren't in any way harmed. He wasn't even allowed to stand around for over 8 hours. Once said time was up, he was told to go home. And you do know there are computer and camera tricks and robot doubles used. And when a kid is hungry and crying, that's when they film quickly while mom gets food.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No, I dont really think the baby thought he was being 'haunted'. I am referring to the scenes involved that require the infant to cry, etc. Excuse me, but I am not in the industry so I honestly do not know what goes on behind the scenes.... hence my question.
    taliarosesmommy

Comment by taliarosesmommy (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Oh and btw, no amount of money would be enough for me to allow my child to star in a film like that, sorry. JMO
    taliarosesmommy

Comment by taliarosesmommy (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think it's bullshit the baby is in this movie. I don't think they do anything to hurt him on screen and yeah, I know the baby doesn't realize what is going on. But I'm just against violence towards children whether real or imaginary. So I won't be seeing this film. Tacky!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• it was a movie..you probably would have to be behind to scenes to know what goes on. They couldve taken away the babies bottle to make it cry..who knows
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• That is TERRIBLE if they take a bottle away from a baby to make him/her cry !!! And I totally agree with Shanna84. I am against violence towards children depicted in ANY form and wonder why there isnt more controversy over this being released. There is also a dog being harmed in the film, but they dont actually show you- you only hear the dog crying. I'm sure this will anger animal rights group everywhere. (as it should!) Hello??!!! They deleted the scene in Jaws where the dog is attacked by the shark.... but a child, an infant no less, is allowed to be shown in a film, haunted and chased by a demon that wants to kill him?? That's just WRONG.
    taliarosesmommy

Comment by taliarosesmommy (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• it's probley a fake baby.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2010