What are some of your mother's quips that you use with your kids today?

Mine always told us to "get up, dress up and show up" . It helped even when I was too depressed to get out of bed (high school romance lol)
Also "money doesn't grow on trees", " the sun will shine again tomorrow", "eating pumpkin will give you beautiful, rosy cheeks"

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 8:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am not asking you, I am telling you. That is my fav, use it a lot, even with dh. Another one of my favs is "the sun don't shine on the same dogs ass everyday". " Try your best, that's all you can do", And when we were in a hurry, she would yell "Move it girls! Pronto!" I still don't know where the spainish came from.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 6:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My favorite came from one of my high school coaches, not my mom. When the kids say "I want", I always say, "well, people in hell want ice water, but they don't get it either." In fact, my kids will tell their friends that's what I'm gonna say. LOL.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 9:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• When my son is jumping around, or tries to jump off the sofas in the den or living room, I tell him....." If you break your legs, don't come running to me!"

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 9:21 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Lol. I'll remember that one
    CassyzMom

Comment by CassyzMom (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• The one i like is,, You get what you get , And you dont throw a fit.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:21 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• LMAO. Magic.
    CassyzMom

Comment by CassyzMom (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I always say people in hell want ice water lol. You're not wearing that are you? Where did you go after you brushed your hair, you look like an explosion at the twig factory. If everyone jumped off a bridge would you do it too?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Whenever i would clean my room and find something that has been missing for awhile my mom would always say "it's amazing what you find when you clean" or when i would ask her where something of mine was i would always get "I don't wear/use it why should i know" And my favorite one was "Tables is for glasses not asses now get off the table"
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Same as your mother's "Get up, dress up, show up" just worded differently. She always said that sitting around in your PJ's all day will only make you lazy and lack motivation. Getting up and getting ready puts you in a better mood, makes you feel better, and allows you a chance at a wonderful day.

"Money doesn't grow on trees" was another one she and my dad always used.

"I'm not there to entertain you." That is one that I KNOW I will have to use on my kids for a long time. They come to me all puppy eyed because they're bored. But it's not my job to entertain them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2010