who has a preteen boy and has noticed changes...how do you deal?

my son is almost 12. he has voice changing, skin break outs a little, less chatty, seems so much older yet not. anyone else how do you survive the pre-teens?

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Also, with the changes you describe he will probably start growing and getting stronger real soon. My son loves it when I asked him to reach something for me on a high shelf or open a new jar of pickles I cant. It makes him feel good about himself.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 9:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My daughter has and my helper at work has they are telling me how hard it is with their boys right now. It's been a long time since i had a preteen son. I hope you get some answers both their sons just turned 12 and they say they are having a difficult time with them talking back and such
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• This too shall pass.......LOL!

My son is 14 and we experienced the same things you describe. The hardest part for me was waking up one day and thinking "where the heck is my little boy"! Try to cut him a little slack with the "attitude" he has or will develop. I personally feel it is a defense mechanism because they honestly don't know how to cope with all the changes they are going through. Without knowing your son's personality it is hard to suggest ways to handle some of the touchier issues like hygiene......needing deodorant, acne soap, daily bathing, etc. I just made my son tag along one day when I went to the store and "happened" to go down the deodorant aisle then said something like......."mmmmmm, this smells good, want to try some?"

continued............
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 9:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have an 11 yr old ds and am dealing with this now. I'm sooooooo not ready!!!!! lol
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 9:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2010