what conditioner is good for thick long hair?

my 6 yo has trouble with tangles and fights brushing done by me. we have detangler spray but i wish conditioner was better for thicker hair. sick of trying new ones. please help...

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 8:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have insanely thick, tangley, curly hair and I use Pantene Pro-V Thick hair Frizzy2Smooth. Wal-MArt also has their own version of it that is just as good and only like $1.74 I think. but it is hard to find cause they are always out of it. I use the 2 in 1 shampoo, then fallow it up with conditioner. The 2 in 1 shampoo+conditioner isn't as drying on your hair but doesn't have enough conditioner. Also, when washing her hair, use hot water to wash and apply the conditioner, but rinse in cool water. The hot water will open up the cuticle to absorb the conditioners but the cool water seals the conditioner sealing in all the moisture without making it look greasy. Also, you can make your own detangler by mixing a spray bottle with a small squirt of conditioner. Thats exactly what you are buying from the store, and when making it yourself you will save alot of money. Good Luck!
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 9:28 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have thick, long hair and have found that Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition shampoo and conditioner do the trick the best for me. GL to you!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 9:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• my dd 13 has thick long hair and i use suave products on her and they are great......we use the one in the orange bottle (sorry cant think of the exact name ) but the bottles are always orange no matter the size.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I use Infusium 23 on my daughter's hair because it's also thick. The brush usually goes right through without problems and it's soft as can be. I have thick hair and that is what I use on my hair.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I love Alterna Ten shampoo & conditioner.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 9:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Joico moisture recovery /shampoo&cond.
    TCJ236

Answer by TCJ236 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2010