what age...

At what age did you start you baby on solids and why??

xashxleex87

Asked by xashxleex87 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 4 MONTHS with my oldest, Because his great grand mother said to. After him i waited til the doctor said to
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• 5 months. and only some baby cereal. I did it because the milk was not enough and she exhibited all the signs that she was ready.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• When she was around 10 months old. Babies are born with a gut full of little perforations. When babies are introduced to NOTHING but breastmilk for AT LEAST the first 6 months, they are said to have a "virgin gut" Baby gets all s/he needs from mamas milk for the first 12 months and needs nothing else, maybe even longer if they really aren't into solids. HERE is an article on virgin guts and why formula and solids before AT LEAST 6 months are harmful.

-crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 9:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I started solids at 6 months.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 9:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Baby cereal is pretty much a joke anyway. HERE is another article on the unimportance of baby cereal.

“The best sources of iron rich food are either iron fortified cereal, or pureed meats. Meats are actually the preferred source for breastfed infants, because meat contains iron and zinc in absorbable forms. While most parents start their babies on cereal first, pureed meats are also recommended by the CDC to prevent iron deficiency anemia,” Swinney said.

-crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 9:16 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I started about 7 month with my son, it seemed to fill his tummy better. Try rice cereal first.
    LuvinMom73

Answer by LuvinMom73 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• 4 months. When my oldest was born (now 13) that's when the drs and other parents recommended I start. It worked well for him, so I did the same with my other 3, and will with my youngest as well. (she's only 3 months now)

Answer by missanc at 9:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• around 5 months. it was so much fun with the rice cereal .
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I started my son on rice cereal at 4 months. BUT, that was in 1996 and I was young and dumb. My kids now will follow a Baby led weaning approach. No foods until they can sit unassisted and can pick up the food and feed themselves.

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/babyledweaning.htm

http://www.babyledweaning.com/

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• first baby was 3 months, in 1987
    by the time I had the 4th kid a few years ago I was told to wait until 6 months and that is what I did
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2010