Possibly preeclampsia ????

I went to the docs yesterday and told me my glucose test was low and is having me re test . She also told me that i have high blood pressure but says my blood pressure been high throughout my pregnancy . Then she tells me that lets not hope its preeclampsia i didnt know what what that was till i lookied it up but im so nervous now . I under alot of stress with my Bf looking for a place trying to prepare for jr. He may lose his job now . I;m trying as hard as i ever have to not stress it but its so far . I have also gained 8 pounds in a matter of 2 weeks . Im just worried for my baby cause i read there no cure for preeclampsia is this truth? will my baby have to be born early im only 24weeks and 2 days . Im taking precaution now eating way less small healthy no salt, sugars does anyone have any other suggestions ? Thank you and God Bless .

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As long as you don't have protein in your urine, there's nothing to worry about. High blood pressure in and of itself doesn't cause preecamplsia. I had protein in my urine throughout my pregnancy, but not the high blood pressure part, so I didn't have preeclampsia. It is the combination of the two. The glucose doesn't have anything to do with preeclampsia either.
    The only "cure" is delivery of the baby, but the drs will try to keep from doing that as long as possible. Just relax and don't stress.

Answer by missanc at 9:13 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Thank you so much !!yeah she said my urine was normal its just im going to a community center ( which i hate) and my doctor made it sound like the worse thing and looking up what it is didn;t make it any better.
    firstimemommy21

Comment by firstimemommy21 (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• She should've explained it to you. I had preeclampsia with my first pregnancy, and my son was born a month early. Fortunately I'd had some complications at 7 months(preterm labor) and they'd given a steroid injection that helped his lungs develop so when he was born a month later he was healthy. If they think early delivery will be a necessity with you, they will put it as late as possible, and they will most likely give the steroid injection to give the baby's lungs a chance to develop.

However, you are already doing the right thing, cutting down on salt, lowering food portions, keep drinking lots of water, take your prenatal vitamins, etc. All of that together will go a long way toward cutting down on your chances of developing preeclampsia. Exercise regularly, (do what your doctor says is ok for exercise. Walking doesn't generally pose any risks unless you're on bedrest.) and eat healthy. Get plenty of rest. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Keep eating healthy, and try not to stress to much. The doctor shouldn't have scared you like that, many women with pre-eclampsia end up carrying their babies to term.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I had preeclampsia with my first and the ONLY reason I had my son early is because I didn't listen to everything my Dr told me to do. So my advice is for now don't stress on it and relax as much as possible. Also make sure if you do end up with it listen to EVERYTHING your doctor says.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Ask your doctor what you can do to prevent precampsia because it is very dangerous if you do get it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2010