if you're seeking work, are you having trouble with the economy also?

both my friend and i who are stay at home moms currently are seeking work and we have had no luck thus far. granted, neither of us have education past high school but we aren't looking for career type jobs, just anything at this point that will offer an income. really the only option i have is a daycare job because i have 3 kids ages 4 and under. so i'd have to work somewhere that would offer some type of discount on daycare, and the only place for that would be a daycare itself. i have been searching for months now, not aggressively but here and there any daycare that has an opening. i applied today at one so i'm keeping my fingers crossed! how are you holding up in this shit of an economy? :(

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm not looking, but I have a few friends that have been out of work for months. In our area, the factories aren't laying off anymore, but they really aren't hiring. One of my friends has a Phd, no one will hire her, they say she's overqualified for everything. I hope you get the daycare job!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'm not seeking work, but actually had someone I used to work with call and offer me a job the other day. There are tons of job offerings around here!

Answer by missanc at 9:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Around St. Louis, I hear they are having a hard time trying to fill jobs! I heard on the radio that Pepsi in Marion, IL, was not only hiring drivers, but they were going to give FREE CDL training to people interested in driving. Now, that tells me that they are having trouble filling jobs as well. I don't get it. There are jobs out there, but people are just going to have to move to find the work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yes, the economy is making it very hard to find a job. It's not just you. Try to stay positive. There are a lot of people in the same boat as you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Just so you know, daycare may be hard for you, for many require some college now a days (out here anyway). I'm a laid off teacher, and finding work in my field is a JOKJE lately. I am hoping stuff opens up in 2011 for the next school year. I could go into daycare, for a few are hiring. My issue is that I'd get paid less than UE gives right now, and wouldn't be able to make my mortgage payment then. :( :( I am really hoping to get back into teaching. I still see postings pop up here and there, and apply to all of them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• JOKE**
    Anonymous