When you were in school did you stick up for the kids getting bullied..or....

were you the bully? or maybe the one getting bullied....

for me up until the 6th grade I was bullied BIG time!! but didn't have the self esteem to stand up for myself...

but by the time I got to High school I felt pretty good about myself and I was no longer going to put up with bullies and would get a little aggressive when I came across a kid being bullied and it felt good to stick up for the ones who weren't able to..

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 9:35 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I seemed to be the one everyone turned to when they were bullied or someone saw someone else being bullied. Everyone said I was the one to make someone stop. I remember in High School a couple of kids picking on someone who had a learning disability. Well when I was finished with them, the Principal decided that they should help me with my volunteer work with the Special Olympics Kids, the bullies learned to never bully anyone again . I also told them that I had eyes watching them always and that I would know if they bullied anyone again.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I picked up for the one's being bullied, there was one case where the one that was being bullied was Gay, and i picked up for him, we are still friends today...
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 9:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I wasn't the bully, and I didn't get bullied, but I'll never forget a girl who did and that I did nothing about it. We were in 5th grade, and she was in a family of 8 or 9 kids that was very poor. No one would sit with her at lunch. she had "weird" lunches, her clothes never fit her right, and she never had socks.

We lived in a pretty middle class area, very rural, but she was the only truly "poor" person that I remember being in school. Every one else had decent clothes, and "normal" food. Nice houses.

I remember feeling bad for her when people picked on her, but I never had the guts to stand up for her. I'm 49, and I regret that to this day. I often wish I could find her and apologize, but maybe she would prefer that people forgot, I don't know.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• In math class when I was a Senior a boy was picked on so bad. It was just verbal at first, then they started hitting him HARD in the back ot the head with our text book. The teacher Mrs. Rose, happened to live on my street. I went home, told my parents, who told me to call her at home and tell...so I did. I bet he wonders to this day why it just stopped one day. She sent him on an errand the next morning and went balistic on the class. I just sat there thinking to myself haha assholes! Find something better to do with your time than bully.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I was never Bullied, but I did stick up for those that were. It infuriated me to see someone being mean to someone else... I guess I got it from my parents, they were never afraid to help someone in need of help no matter what it was, or where they came from, or what they looked like.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I was bullied, it was awful. When I got a little older and had more self esteem I tried to protect other kids from bullying.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I was bullied until high school when I just became aggressive about it. A couple of fights later and I was not bullied anymore
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yeah I was the poor kid with clothes that were outdated or to small, my mom was to busy working or to tired to really take care of me so I was picked on...in High school I made enough money to keep myself looking good, it felt good to so when the gay kid got picked on the bully was shoved around, when the disabled girl was made fun of her bully got punched..I have no regrets and am happy to know I was finally able to stand up for others
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I was the one getting bullied and no one ever stuck up for me. Now my son is going through the same thing, only worse... and he's not even in school, he's homeschooled.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I stuck up for the people being bullied. People tried bullying me for a while, until they realized that I wasn't easy to bully without consequences. (Beating up the biggest football player who weighs easily 150lb more than you, and towers over you will earn that status lol.)
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2010