Do you have a lap dog?

My Yorkie is always on my lap when I'm home.

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Pets

• Well, my puppy is like one of my kids, only shorter and furrier. My kids sat in my lap and it was in no way a "dominance" thing. Nor is it that way with my puppy. We find comfort in being close. Her being in my lap while watching tv is in no way a show of dominance on her part. Just love, closeness, comfort and protection.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yes, we have a 106 lb German Shepherd that thinks he is,lol... Although we don't let him, I do let him lay by me when I'm sitting on the couch. He loves to snuggle.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• You shouldn't let dogs on your lap, big or small. That is the dogs way of saying they are dominant over you.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yep. We have a mini-pomerainian who is the Diva Doggie in our house. She is a total mommy's girl. My lap is her favorite place to be.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yup. We have a little dachshund/terrier mix who loves to snuggle up... usually wiggling herself between my husband and I as we sleep at night. LOL
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have a Chi/Yorkie Mix- She doesn't actually like to sit in my lap; she rather lay next to me but, she always has her paw on me!LOL!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:30 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My husky/shepherd mix THINKS she's a lap dog ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• We have 4 small dogs that all love to be cuddled and to sit on our lap. Do not think they are trying to be dominant. They are like my kids and there is nothing more relaxing than coming home from work and having a kid and dog both on your lap.
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 4:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yes. I a little heinz 57 mix, he's a lover boy.
    BirthMomof2

Answer by BirthMomof2 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No, they usually just put their head on my thigh and lay with me on the couch. My chi-weenie will lay between my boobs if I lay him on my stomach to sleep.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 6:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2010