how offtin do u boil the bottles nipples

i do it every time i wash them

Paigesmommy78

Asked by Paigesmommy78 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I boil them once a week along with nukies, It just seems gross if nukies dont get boiled often because they fall on the floor and everyone in the house touches them.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My first baby everything got boiled I was so protective! then i had 3 more and only boiled things the first time to get off the chemicals from the factory they came out of after that a good scrubbing in hot soapy water did the trick
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I only boiled mine before I used them for the first time. There's really no need to keep boiling bottles and their parts.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I never did. I always washed them out with soap and hot water.
    I don't feel the need to over do the cleaning with baby products.
    Honestly, the more they're exposed to the stronger their immune system is. Now don't expose them to things intentionally, but just know that a few germs won't hurt them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yeah i only boiled them before the first use. I've only had to boil them twice more and once was because he was sick, and the second, they were getting clogged with formula and probably could've used a good boil. After that, they worked fine again (I guess it just had some residue in there)
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I only did before I used them for the first time, then I just washed them in hot soapy water every time after.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Never. I just toss them in the silverware thing in our dishwasher or wash them in hot soapy water. Even our doctor recommended NOT boiling them because it breaks down the plastics/rubber over time and it's not needed. Exposure to germs is how babies grow their immune system.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i use the vent air bottles so i boil every peice one a month (if i remember) just in case my boyfriend or i missed some dried milk in the bend of the bottle other then that i just use hot soapy water. now my bf likes for me to buy the dawn with bleach to help kill germs better in every wash, which it does.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 3:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010