I would like to start introducing more table foods for my 15 month old daughter... Any suggestions on what I can make her and bring to day care instad of the baby food - I' m making chicken tonight and she like chicken should I chop up pieces into small pieces and have her bring it to day care for lunch - she does not like many sides what can I give her for a side just want to make sure she eats enough

TaylorBuz

Asked by TaylorBuz at 11:38 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does day care offer lunch? My daughter eats whatever they have. chicken, pasta, meatloaf, etc. You're duaghter can have anything you have. Just make sure it's smal peices if she hasn't mastered the art of cutting with her teeth :) My daughter takes good bites of her food (17 months) so I don't really have to cut anything really small. But I still cut it up some.
    Anonymous

• I would send her some of the chicken and maybe send some fruits or veggies. I don't know how many teeth she has or how well she eats, but my son loved cooked carrots and green beans. Those are nice cuz they can mash them even without teeth. :) Left over dinner is always the easiest way to send lunch. When my son was about 17 months or so, I would make him a little sandwich that "matched" daddy's.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Yeah, you could do that with the chicken. As far as sides there are lots of things, although like you said she doesn' tlike many right now. All you can really do is keep offering her different things. She won't go hungry if she refuses to eat something at daycare though. She'll need to learn that what is on her plate is what there is to eat. No exceptions. I've pretty much followed my friend's example. She has 6 kids and they are all excellent eaters. Her 2 year old eats salad! (I didn't eat salad until I was 12!)

My son loves the gerber graduates stuff. I give him those pasta pick ups off and on. He also loves noodles, tortillas and cheese roll ups, mac n' cheese, green beans, peaches, bananas, canned mandarin slices, avacado, tomato, cooked carrots, grilled cheese sandwiches, french toast sticks.

Hopefully the more she tries the more she'll like.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I would send her whatever she likes. I read on a parents website it is better that they eat the same thing everyday if thats all they will eat than not eat at all. So just send her whatever she likes!
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'm quite surprised that she is still eating babyfood at 15 months. My daughter turned 1 on 10/22 and she became uninterested in babyfood at 10 months. She has 8 teeth plus 4 molars and she eats everything we eat. And she is already eating with utensils, although very messy haha. Any kind of sandwich cut into squares is a great. As for sides, I buy my daughter pre-packaged bowls of mixed fruit or veggies. And frozen peas are an awesome snack for teething little ones. Good luck! Don't be afraid to let her try new things!
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 4:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2008