I'll be 12 weeks on Sunday and my son jumped on my stomach while I was sleeping :[

Like literally as hard as he could. My husband couldn't do anything about it because he ran at me and he couldn't catch him before. It of course woke me up. I had to roll over and hold my stomach. I'm just worried now that since the baby is still doing a lot of major developing that this might screw something up?

Has anyone else had something similar like this happen to them?

ours

Asked by ours at 10:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YES! My 2nd son was 2 when I was pregnant with my 3rd son, and he did exactly the same thing!! The baby was just fine. The fluid in the sac acts as a shock absorber, and protects the baby. I was so worried too, but everything was okay....baby number 3 is now a healthy .....driving me crazy....18 year old! Best wishes!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yes actually. I don't remember how many weeks I was but my 3 year old nephew did a leap jump onto my stomach. I didn't have any ill effects but just keep an eye on things just in case.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 10:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Let your doctor know at your next appointment, but otherwise, don't worry unless you see symptoms such as spotting, have major cramping, etc. Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It is amazing how much protection the womb gives a baby!! Like the others said, everything is most likely fine. It hurts and is frightening, but baby should be fine!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:30 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My middle son did that to men when I was pregnant with my 3rd. I was terrified something had happened to the baby, but he was just fine. They are well protected in there.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My 2 year does that too me all the time and funny thing is now that I am 23weeks this little one kicks back. I think they can feel the sudden jolt but nothing too serious. My doctor told me there is so much padding and fluid around the baby it would have to be a 300lb line backer to actually hurt the baby.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would let you OB know at your next appt. they may want to to an U/S just to double check things.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 12:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I got hit with a football really hard in my stomach around that time in my pregnancy, the dr said the baby is so protected when it's that little that i should be fine and my baby has grown just fine! :)
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 2:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• ok this may sound crazy but we had a mini wiener dog and she use my tummy like a trampoline the the whole time i was prego with #2 so when we went to find out the sex of the baby the nurse could not get all the measurements need and she poked and push and shoved but cause the baby was use to the dog doing it the baby would not move and my bf and i told the nurse that the poking would not make her move.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 4:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• The baby is VERY well protected in there. I wouldn't be too worried unless you see signs of a miscarriage.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2010