step mom of bride wear same color as brides maid ?

The wedding is at 4:00 in Florida outside garden wedding . Mother of bride wearing champaine floor length,gromes mom wearing floor length burgandy step mom asking can I wear brown floor length dess brides maids wearing brown also

TCJ236

Asked by TCJ236 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Sure, why not. As long as it doesn't resemble the bridesmaids dresses. There are lots of shades of brown, so the chances it matches are unlikely.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would avoid it. If you're not part of the wedding party, don't look anything like the wedding party.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My mother wore the same color as my bridesmaids. Just different style. I don't think your mom should wear champagne colored anything. Or anything close to white, champagne, egg shell, whatever because it's not her day to look like a bride. But I do think it's custom for the mother of the bride to wear the same color as bridesmaids... just not same style. at all.
    Our wedding was super small, so my sis was my MOH and she wore navy blue. My mom wore a dress that was navy blue with splashes of black and green...
    GL
    MayMommaToBe

Answer by MayMommaToBe at 10:35 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• sorry, read the question wrong. It sounds like your step mom is trying to be a part of the wedding. Maybe she feels left out. Tell her if she's going to wear brown like the bridesmaids, it has to be a diff shade and style.
    MayMommaToBe

Answer by MayMommaToBe at 10:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Be thankful she is asking if she can and not just showing up wearing what she wants. Work with her on the color so that it works great in the pictures.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I want to blend in, not stand out it is the brides day and her real parents day, and not sure of the shade of brown but the style is differrent
    TCJ236

Comment by TCJ236 (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• you are the step mom?

either way, I would maybe check and see if she has a preference or see how she feels about - ask the bride i mean.

i have never heard of such strict rules with weddings...lol. obviously i have not been married.

Good luck. congrats to the bride.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• sounds good to me
    luvmyaustin

Answer by luvmyaustin at 12:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Thanks, everyone I sent her a picture of the dress she said it looked great. Thanks again !!!!!!
    TCJ236

Comment by TCJ236 (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2010