What is an "Instead Cup"?

Someone said that they used an Instead Cup when trying to conceive

Jersey81

Asked by Jersey81 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• http://www.softcup.com/
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'm not sure about using it for TTC but I used to use them for my periods. It's a great product for those of us who had tampons and pads. You cannot feel it at all, if inserted correctly. It lasts for up to 8 hours, so there is no running to the bathroom. You don't feel that sudden gush at all when you wear them. I loved using it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It has not been approved as a fertility aid. There are no studies that prove that it actually improves the chance of pregnancy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Its for your period, instead of a tampon or pad. Maybe people are using it to lock in the sperm?
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have read that if you use the instead cup, which is used for periods to catch the blood, that it increases your chances of becoming pg. I have yet to try it myself, but at this point I'm willing to try anything that is safe. After sex, before you even get up out of bed, you insert the instead cup to keep the sperm inside you. It allows you to walk around and do normal stuff, but still keeping those swimmers inside.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2010