Anyone have AT&T?

Do you have at&t? I do. I have both land line and cell phone. Little did they tell me that the cell number they gave me is not local. So when my kids call me from home to my cell, I get charged long distance. I was on the phone 2.5 hours(mostly on hold). There is nothing they can do. They don't have any local numbers to give me to use. Now, I have to pay cancellation fee because I refuse to keep my cell and pay the ridiculous long distance charges. So Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 11:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have it for internet and landline phone. We have Verizon for our cells since my husband gets a discount through his work. I prefer AT&T for our house and internet. Have you tried calling them to ask them about changing the number so it's local? I would, and if they don't...ask for the manager. Tha'ts just not right.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• You might get your kids a cell phone or the GO Phone and use that.. That way you are calling network to network and it would be free...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Where did you get your phone at? i know that if you got it at a radioshack they have to tell you that it wont be a local number. Also, if you didnt get your phone in the same area that you live in,, of course you wouldnt have a local number. also make sure before you cancel your number that other companies will have a local number for you. I also agree with pupmom.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I DON'T like AT&T. I had them for my cell and I had enough believe me. I use new vonage and it works great for me. For my cell I have T-mobile and we love it.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 3:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• We have at&t for cell phones, only after they bought out cingular...THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I used to work for AT&T and they CAN do something about it...they CAN give you a new number, a local number too, you just pay I think it was 36 dollars when i worked there...there should never be any reason for you not to have a local number and moreso they should have asked you if you wanted it for that city where you live.....contact customer service and demand to speak to their boss, and keep going up the ladder until they give you what you want.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2008