How many of you really believe that Facebook and other

Social Media Sites have taken the place of REAL friends in your life?
Meaning, I find it kind of disturbing to hear all the questions about blocking people and adding someone as a friend... IT'S NOT REAL LIFE PEOPLE!!!
Seriously, I had a guy tell me one day he was getting married... I was like "REALLY"! Then he proceeded to tell me if was really an interactive game he played on the computer. I had to ask him if he realized this was a game....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had a guy want to "marry" me on a website (fubar) and I was looking at it as 'whatever... its not real life'. Then he got so weird! He would IM people and get nasty with them if they "bought" me in the fu-owned game, he would do the same thing if they commented on my profile or pictures and such. I finally wrote him and told him I was blocking him because if he wasn't aware of the fact... it WASN'T real life... we were NOT really married and even if we WERE I wouldn't put up with that in my life anyhow. JEEZ!

Yeah, some people go a bit overboard with the internet and networking sites and such. :(
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Facebook is a way I keep in contact with people I am friends with or related to from out of state. It doesn't realy make sense to talk to everyday friends or family on facebook to me. My closest friend is 800 miles away and my closest relative is 280 miles away. I have friends here who don't know I have a facebook account.
    But I look at facebook as an easier way of writing a letter or form of emailing. It just gets there quicker.
    But I have a sister who wakes at early morning hours throughout the night to plow her crops on a game.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yes even my hubby is on it and he's free time to him is the computer so yes.
    Addie721

Answer by Addie721 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'm well aware of the difference between real life and the internet. I don't mistake one for the other.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I keep in touch with relatives in Utah through Facebook. But that's about it. I don't have many friends by choice--just family and a few friends...and I DON'T play games there. LOL. I sometimes go several days without even checking what is going on at Facebook.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'm sure for some people it has... but for me it hasn't. If anything it brings me closer to my friends and family. Today I'm going out to lunch with a friend who saw that I was online today. She sent me a message sorta like "I see that your home today. Do you have the day off? Want to meet for lunch?" :)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I only use facebook to keep in touch with family and friends who live all over the world. It's wonderful to keep everyone posted on how the kids are, how we are, etc. I don't know anyone who has used social networking to replace real life, only to include those who live to far away to participate regularly.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'm only friends with people i already know.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 11:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Since I keep changing the state I live in- all my friends live in Facebook!
    I have no one other than hubby and the kids to actually hang out with for real- YES I have tried to get friends when we move, but it usually takes me 2- 3 years each time...if it weren't for the internet and myspace/facebook - I think I truly would have lost my mind in Utah. It was the ONLY thing that kept me sort of sane
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• but.... of course I'll need to harvest my crops first! ;)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010