Spinoff of "Instead Cup and TTC" question: Would this be a new, less expensive and less invasive way to surrogate?

Think about it... yes, it is less likely than going in there and putting sperm to egg for surrogacy... but if he can put his sperm into the cup, the surrogate insert it into her body and then attempt pregnancy that way... isn't that technically the same thing?

It is less invasive, it is safer, etc.

What do you ladies think?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 10:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Yeah that's how it's done sometimes already. But it only works for traditional surrogacy (where it's the surrogate's egg). If they don't want to use the surrogate's egg but would rather use a donor or the intended mother's egg, it has to be the invasive way.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• that isn't how the cup works. It is put in after a couple has intercourse, so the ejaculate stays in longer.

I don't find your way less invasive, if we are talking about regular AI, which is the only thing that it could compare to. It would also be weird to handle a cup of sperm and put it inside of you. It would be weird for me to do that with my husband, let alone another man's sperm.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I understand that twin_mommy, but what I saw on one website said some men have been ejaculting into the cup and the woman has been inserting it inside of her. (Gross... yes, lol)
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Oct. 22, 2010