Does your kid do this to you.....

my 6yr old never finished his breakfast....

30 minutes ago he decided he was ready for breakfast and wanted mini wheats...he ate 3 bites and was done...now he's hungry! GGrrr,,,I hate it when he does this and now he needs to just learn to wait until lunch but until then I get to have this battle about how he should have eaten his breakfast!

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 11:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• All the time and to top it off he is really picky with what he wants. My son does so much better if I let him eat throughout the day, he doesn't like to sit and eat a lot in one sitting. If I do it the other way he eats much better and more healthier.
    2kidsandtired

Answer by 2kidsandtired at 1:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Is he off school today? If he's home-schooled I feel he should have a strict schedule if he's going to be home.(IMO)
    With our boys, they are to eat when it's time, if they don't then they wait until it's time for the next meal. I tell them, this isn't a restaurant, what I fix, you eat, only take what you can finish. If you take seconds I don't expect you to finish it, but don't stuff yourself just because you're bored....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My kids kept trying that when they were younger. I just told them they would have to wait until lunch. I would normally just make lunch a little bit earlier than normal, but each time it would get later and later before they got to have some lunch. They eventually got the idea, after about a week or so, and started eating their meals. Hang in there, momma!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• yes we tell ours to wait then.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 11:13 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yep, my kids do that. But from square one I taught them that if you don't eat now... you wait. Battle or no battle... when they hit school the school isn't going to feed them specific foods twelve times a day when they decide to finally eat. That's not how the world works and we live by the real world in my house.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• hahaha my kids are beast like there mama here...lol its crazy how my 2 older ones are skinny cuz they eat like monsters and my 2yr old forget about it she EATS like a man i say...lol and me well you know my 2am cravings and I'M NOT EVEN PREGNANT...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• So typical, right?
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• He is off today and yes he does have to wait...no junk food for him! but it is just irritating!!
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• im with you
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I hate when they pull that crap.  My 4yo does that a lot and so does my 10yo (with her it's more of a power struggle thing, she wants to be in control and do everything how she wants it...and she likes to piss me off).  If they don't eat their breakfast (or whatever meal) and then complain they are hungry 10 minutes later they either get to finish what they were eating (whether it's cold or mushy or whatever) or, if it's been put up/tossed out they have to wait until the next meal.  We actually don't have any snacks in the house right now so it's not even an option.  My 4yo gets 3 meals a day and that's it.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010