Posting bathtime pics of kids on facebook, yea or nea?

I took some really cute pictures of my girls ages 21 months and 4 months in the bathtub last night. I want to put them on facebook but I'm concerned about child porn and/or who all will see them even though they are on facebook. No private areas are exposed. The 4 month old was in the bumbo and the 21 month old's bottom was under the water.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I dont see a problem with it. I have pics of my son in the bath when he was 4 months old that are on facebook and myspace. I think as long as nothing is showing then it should be fine. As long as your profile is set to private because who knows who is looking at your pics that you dont know.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I dont think i would,, You never know,
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 11:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have never understood all the drama around bathtime pics... There is a HUGE difference between giving your kid a bath and being inappropriate... Kids are beautiful, all the time, there is nothing shameful or dirty about bath time and for lots of kids it's a time of genuine enjoyment, why would you not want to share that beauty?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think I would keep these pictures between me, friends and family, no need to post them on facebook of course unless you have distant relatives, but you can still mail it to them. I had pictures of my girls in bathing suits on here and I took them off.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'm sure it's fine, I would just make sure you have your photo albums set to something private, like 'Friends Only' to be safe.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I won't show any pics with his privates exposed, including his cute little butt. Too many sickos int he world.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I've done it, but then again, all my pictures are "friends only", plus his privates were hidden by foam... I really don't think it's any big deal.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 11:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I've posted some of my son, but only his waist and up were showing. I'd be careful these days posting anything that shows too much.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I put a video of 2 month old son in the bathtub up on facebook. He's got family that lives far away so it's a great way to share with them. I just threw a rag over his area so it didn't show in the video. You could also select the people you want to see the pics in your privacy settings so they aren't available to everyone.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't. There is to great a chance that some creep could hack in and get his hands on them. I don't post pics of my kids anywhere online.
    joeymommy1

Answer by joeymommy1 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2010