How can I teach my son to read?

My son is a little over two and LOVES books, I want to start to teach him to read any ideas.

2kidsandtired

Asked by 2kidsandtired at 11:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Experts say that to try to teach too early will not be a goodthing. He will learn in school,with all of the other kids.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• flash cards worked for my daughter
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 11:17 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Read to him. That is the most basic way. The more he is read to, the more he will learn. Let him watch Leap Frog videos.

My mom read to me and I watched Electric Company. I was reading well by 3 or 4. My son hated to be read to, but, I did manage some. And I talked to him and pointed out letters and things. by 5, he could read Afghanistan with no issues.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Reading to him a lot is actually a good first step. When he shows an interest, he will actually memorize simple books, and that is a good 2nd step.....that is the beginning of sight reading......at the same time you can get an ABC book that is really colorful, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a good one,.....and start reading that everyday, pointing out the letters.....Reading actually happens naturally this way, and is the most fun way to learn....at around 3, if you want, one of the phonics programs floating around can be used....they are sort of expensive, though....there are also some good homescooling programs out there, but they are sort of pricey too, but they do work well, and they are fun...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• start with the alphabet once he knows abc's work onletter recognition. then sounds the letters make/ Then start him on words remember the process is slow good luck :)
    axandra85

Answer by axandra85 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2010