Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know how to get free grant money without having to use credit cards?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

Answers (7)
  • No idea what you're talking about. Free money? Where?!

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

  • well when i was going to go to school i filled out the FASFA paid for all my tuition and books then i still got like 500 back!!

    Answer by Ethans_Ma at 11:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

  • by the way, its a pell grant so you dont pay anything back - anything that needs a credit card seems a little sketchy!

    you will need your last tax return to fill out and see if you qualify

    Answer by Ethans_Ma at 11:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

  • Yes, you do have to pay a pell grant back if you fail or drop your classes. They take it out of your tax return.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

  • What does a credit card have to do with a grant? I believe your confused as to how financial aid works.....

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

  • You usually just using your credit card for the access to the website that has all grant information available. This site will show you detailed descriptions on what each grant covers along with how to fill out the application for the grant you are interested in.

    Answer by LimoMOM5 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • I know what you are talking about!!!!!! I will see!

    Answer by greenwitch101 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.