Kidney stones?

My dr diagnosed me this morning after I've had a UTI for 3 days and back pain. She thinks it will probably be a small one.

If anyone has experience with this, how long did it take you to pass, and what was the recovery like afterwards?

anng.atlanta

Asked by anng.atlanta at 11:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Health

• I've passed a few but, most of mine are to big and require lithotripsy to get out once they get stuck in the ureturs. As long as they are small it'll hurt but it'll pass. Drink lots of water and to help with the infection cranberry juice. Kidney Stones are the worst and I agree with pp I would much rather have a child anyday then pass stones. Once the stone has passed though the pain is seriously just gone.
    BrynlysMommy

Answer by BrynlysMommy at 1:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It took me about 3 days to pass mine. I thought I was going to die. I would have had all 3 of our boys over again, than go through that. I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's so painful... After I was exhausted, but I felt so much better. I just drank tons of water, and got lots of rest. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I've had several. One that was extremely painful, so painful that I ended up in the emergency room on demoral and I passed it in a couple of days, but I've also had several small ones that never really passed, and that I could feel every now and then when they moved, but other than that nothing. I don't know whether they dissolved or just eventually passed without my realizing it.

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• These answers are very interesting. I've had several and honestly passing them doesn't hurt me. It is when they get stuck that hurts like hell. Once they get moving I'm fine. I guess I'm not normal because everybody else seems to think the passing part is the killer.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 4:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010