breast cancer?

So my hubby and I found a lump on my right breast about 2 weeks ago. My boob had felt somewhat sore .. and "heavy' in a way. It's hard to explain .. kind of like after you have a baby and your milk comes in .. idk im not good at explaining. anyway, it wasn't normal. Well, on wednesday, we noticed that it had gotten bigger or like changed form ... so i went to the doctor yesterday morning. what we thought was one lump .. she felt 2 and another small place kind of under my arm pit area. i can't stop thinking about it .. i'm a nervous wreck. she said that she is scheduling a mammogram and also referring me to a breast surgeon... i have 2 first cousins that were both diagnosed by age 28. i know about the possibility of it being breast cancer BUT I want to hold hope and think it may be something else? any ideas of what else may be? Either way, I'll know for sure next week. Thanks!

sgt.youngs.wife

Asked by sgt.youngs.wife at 11:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Health

• First ((HUGS))) I will keep a good thought for you I am trying to find out myself.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• wow!!!! I know how scarey that is! Every year when it is time for me to get a mammogram I always think is this the time I have it??? I will pray for u that they catch it early. If u want to talk about the stages the doctors give it and grades,message me and we can talk in private,so everyone is not a part of our talk.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yeah .. it's shocking .. I hope that it's something else. I mean, I'll be 23 next month. A million things went thru my head ... like what if it is cancer? my son? he's only two .. he won't know what to think. ugghh. i'm worrying so much it's making me sick
    sgt.youngs.wife

Comment by sgt.youngs.wife (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• 80% of breast lumps are benign. Also, breast cancer grows more slowly than you might think. A breast cancer lump will be the same size just a few days later.

I can't make any promises, obviously, but the odds are in your favor :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2010