Spell check?

do you think it makes us lazy.. I do .Cause instead of thinking, I hit spell check

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 11:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes it does... it takes mcuh of the learning out of our world today. Instead of trying to appropriately spell things people just let the computer do it for them. I will make my children submit reports in the same fashion I still do to this day. Write it out first, check it, THEN type it if it is required to be typed.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No, I think people are lazy in general with regards to spelling and grammar. Look at the "texspeak" that shows up everywhere on the internet.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It can....I don't really care, to tell you the truth....spell check isn't perfect, thought, so if you want to catch all the errors you still have to check it yourself..
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• absolutely not ~ spell check is just a backup for misspelling... if someone uses it otherwise, then yes, they are beyond lazy!
    Robsessed98

Answer by Robsessed98 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I never really need to use the spell check. I only use it when I am unsure of the spelling of a word. I however think it makes you extremely lazy ;) JUST KIDDING
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 12:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I just type and try to be careful, but I always hit spell check to be sure.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010