Do you think its weird if a funeral home decorates for halloween?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• I actually think that's completely AWESOME! Somebody there has a really nifty sense of humor, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 11:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yes, and tacky. If they live in the upstairs or something and want to decorate their personal space fine. But the funeral home is for greiving relatives. It should not be decorated imo.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would think it okay for any business to decorate in a Fall style (leaves, etc) but not specifically businesses (one's that do not sell Halloween merchandise). Not because it is tacky, but because you cater your business to different minorities and such and some people do not celebrate Halloween. The same goes for other holidays too.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No, I think it's a good idea for funeral homes to decorate for the seasons....Death is a fact of life, and in our culture we want to deny it, so sometimes funeral places try not to stand out....almost "hide", and I don't think that is necessarily healthy....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Sure.... if they used some of the bodies in the decorations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I personally don't think they should decorate for any holiday. lol. I mean, what if one of my relatives died around Christmas time? Would I want to see a Christmas tree near their casket? No thanks.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would say that it's fine for them to decorate with pumpkins, scarecrows, that kinda thing. But...not anything morbid or dealing with death or ghosts and all that. I don't think that would be appreciated by grieving families.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Sure.... if they used some of the bodies in the decorations. "

That's completely sick and twisted. Who says something like that? Weirdo.
    LovingSAHMommy

• No I do not think it is weird, everyone likes halloween decorations.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 12:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• lol no they must be better at it tho, cus they may even have live in ghosts lol sorry
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010