Sick 10month old

My son is ten months old and usually sleeps through the whole night. He is going through a bit of separation anxiety and has been waking up a little the last two weeks but nothing major. Last night he would not stop screaming- I'm talking about the distressing kind of crying. He maybe slept about 6hours last night instead of his usual 11. Last night I checked him for fever - nothing. Today he has a fever of 100 degrees and a stuffy nose but nothing else. I'm watching him and I gave him Tylenol but what was up with last night?? He's a great baby normally - very happy and sweet. Thanks for the help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Comfort him, Turn the shower on hot in the bathroom and sit in there with him with the door closed ... it will help with the stuffy nose, you can alternate between tylenol and motrin .... motrin every 6 hours and tylenol every 3, make sure he gets fluid and lots of it!, also they have triaminic thin stips for stuffy noses and they work great (you may want to check with your doctor 1st)!! Lots of loves and hugs for the sick baby!
    MomofTwo0608

Answer by MomofTwo0608 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Was he OK when you held him upright but screaming when laying down? Might be a sign of an ear infection.
    Anonymous

• POSTER HERE

He was okay in his swing and in my arms but went nuts when I laid down with him on my bed or put him in the crib. I didn't even think of an ear infection. I'll check that out.
    Anonymous

• he probably just left himself getting uncomfortable.. my son does that when hes sick and he will just wake up and refuse a bottle and i just let him fall sleep in my bed and if i dont fall asleep before him i put him back in his crib but normally i just want him to be comfortable so i do whatever possibly to make him not cry...
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 12:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• yea, my son also cried when i layed him down, i had to hold him on my chest belly to belly and get him to calm down... does it rub or pull on his ears?? thats a good sign for ear infection!
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 12:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I was going to say ear infection or gas/tummy issues.. When my son is gassy or constipated he hates to lay down and will wake up in the middle of the night with a sudden cry. Hope your little guy feels better soon!
    MommytoGRP

Answer by MommytoGRP at 12:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2008