Switching baby food brands...

I am a new mom so please bear with me if anyone thinks this is a stupid question. When we started feeding our son cereal we bought Gerber brand cereal. SHould we always feed him Gerber or is okay to switch. Same thing with jarred food, can you change brands to go by kinds and whats on sale and things like that or should you always feed your child the same brand all the time? I am so used to having dogs (not that I want to compare my child to my dogs) and I know with dogs you shouldn't switch.

ctsassy

Asked by ctsassy at 12:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't feed my son the same brand all the time. I have to be realistic - I buy what is on sale. My son is doing fine and I'm sure it's no problem.
    Anonymous

• Baby food is just pureed food. There shouldn't be a lot of variation between brands if you are still on single foods.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I don't feed my son the same brand all the time either. I get my jarred food at Wal Mart and my son prefers the Nature's Goodness brand for some reason but he absolutely loves a couple kinds that Gerber has. So it doesn't really matter.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 12:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• when i switch food i always look at the ingredients, if they are the same i switch... and ive given him like 3 different brands of cereal and he doesnt seem to mind it... but some baby foods have "extra" ingredients other then that its all the same...
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 12:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• It really depends on your baby, ive switched from gerber to natures goodness, and my son seems to like it just as much as gerber, but his doc said not to switch brands to much, cause some brands do taste differant to babys then others, so now i stick with natures goodness for jar food, for like fingure food i get the gerber, lol.. but it really doesnt matter just try not to do it to much.. like swtich it back and forth.
    mblucky

Answer by mblucky at 12:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• you can switch but don't try to many different things and different brands at one time ya know what i mean
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• for me, we always stick to gerber. no matter what is on sale. I think you could switch but look our for reactions and take it slow.....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I buy all different kinds ... gerber,natures goods, and sometimes the store I'm shopping at like walmart or winn-dixie their brands ... like the other day I was at winn-dixie and their two pack of baby food peaches with the recloseable lides were on sale for 47 cents! I bought like 10 packs of them for that great of a price and my son doesnt seem to mind! I mean baby food is basically mashed up food so how much can one peach differ from another LoL! But I suppose my son is just easy going! WoW i rambled Anyways GOOD LUCK! It shouldnt matter though! I would just buy one jar at a time of the different brand to make sure your baby likes it!
    MomofTwo0608

Answer by MomofTwo0608 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I get whats affordable between Gerber and Beechnut- there is no real preference.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 1:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• ya girl go ahead and switch if you want....
    no question is stupid when it comes to our babies!!!
    JessTorres

Answer by JessTorres at 2:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2008