Need Help ASAP

Last night my sister hit her head and she was fine except for being extreamly tired after and was not prior to hitting her head. This morning she called crying that her ears hurt and she didnt know what to do. She is a single mom and works but has no insurance and I have been rying to get her to go in but she is scared to have all the ER bills I am sure they will do ex rays and maybe a cat scan. Do you think sje should be seen?

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Health

• Um YEAH! DUH! She can also check into the health department and it may help curb som eof the cost, plus they typically have funding help.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think she definitely needs to be seen, but that sucks that she has no insurance. :(
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think that she should go to an urgent care or her family physician. They are less expensive and will know what to do.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Will the ER help her with making payment plan? She has no family doc and I just called urgent care and they said they wont see her. To top it off they will not let her off till 2pm from work.
    Korysmom96

Comment by Korysmom96 (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No insurance means that the only place that she can be seen without up front payment is a county ER... Having had a couple of concussions that were not treated, I will DEFINITELY tell you she needs to be seen. Long term issues are not worth it if they can help now.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• The ER is the only place she can be seen without up front payment, unless her family doctor is willing to see her. She needs to go in asap. The ER does not discuss payment till treatment is administered at the very earliest. She will just contact the billing office for payment arrangements when all is said and done.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I know what it's like to have no insurance and yeah it does suck but she needs to be seen. She can possibly get help with the bills. That is not something you want to play with. Good luck, hope it all turns out ok.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Regardless of payment, most ER's, if not all, are required to see her. After the lawsuits from people dying from not being seen, most hospitals cannot deny you treatment, regardless of how and when you can pay.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Most defintely she should go be see, a few bills for precautions is better than a lot of bills for major surgery or what not.because she did not go be seen in the beginning
    Wolfdancer68

Answer by Wolfdancer68 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yes! She should definitely be seen. Appeal to her from the standpoint of her needing to take care of herself in order to be there for her children. I'm sure she will see that no amount of medical bill is worth risking not being there for them.
    InsightfulOne

Answer by InsightfulOne at 12:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2010