What time in the morning do you have to wake up to get your children ready for school?

Do you get up a few minutes early to take care of yourself first, or wait until everyone is off to school?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 12:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I get up at 5:30 and shower then I get my little guy up at 6 just about the time I'm done with makeup. So I dry my hair and dress while he's taking a hundred years to pee, brush teeth and get dressed...while he's arguing about even doing these simple things at the same time. Mornings are a royal pain sometimes!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I wake up at 7am to wake my little brother up. Then I usually go back to sleep until around 7:40, then get up and ride him to school. Get home around 8am, and if my son is still asleep, I go back to bed until he wakes up, lol..
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I get up at 6 because I have to get myself ready for work. If they haven't already gotten up I wake my 3 year olds around 7. My 14 year old is responsible for getting herself up and ready. We leave the house at 8.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I work so I get up at 6am to get myself ready, then wake the kids up and get them ready so that I can drop them off and be to work by 8:30 am.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• xxMason... I'm assuming this is an older child or there is another form of supervision in the home while you are away?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Memigen, hes about to be 12 years old. And yes my husband is home in the morning while I take him to school, lol. I wake him up, he showers, then wakes me up to take him to school when hes done. He eats breakfast at school (by choice)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't have to get up.  My kids get themselves ready.  They are 10, 9 and 8.  They wake up around 7am every morning, get dressed, etc and usually watch TV until 8am and then go to the bus stop (the bus doesn't come until 8:23am but they like to hang out with their friends at the stop).  Usually one friend or another is knocking at our door at 8:05 if they aren't out there already.

There have been several days I didn't even hear them wake up and slept until after 8am.  When I got up my 4yo was happily watching TV and had usually eaten already (the other kids eat at school).  Usually I get up at 7:30am or whenever the baby wakes me (was up at 5:30am this morning because I had to take the trash out).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i wake up at 6, and then go wake up my kids and get myself dressed. i usually get all 4 ready and me ready and we are out the door to walk to school at 730.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I am pretty lazy about mornings. I get up around 7:30 get dressed, get the kids dressed and feed them a quick breakfast. My daughter doesn't have to be at school until 8:30. Then I come home with the boys, and grab a shower, etc.
    Noeyhead

Answer by Noeyhead at 1:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My alarm goes off at 6 but I hit snooze until 6:20. Then I get up to make sure my 15yr old is up and almost ready then after she is off I get up the 6yrold. I brush my hair and take him to school then I come home and get myself ready for the day
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 2:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2010