Do you have a "potty mouth" ? adult content

Which word do you use the most if you do? Do you curse around your children as well? Or do you look down upon people who do have a "potty mouth" Are you one of those people who think classy ladies shouldnt curse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep, I have always put more weight in word usage than words... And yes, I cuss in front of my kids, and no, I don't care if anyone else does or not...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I cuss all the time. I probably use hell the most, or maybe damn lol.

I find that I DON'T curse very much around my kids, but mostly because I just don't find the need to. I don't have adult conversations with my kids, and usually when I cuss it's about "What the fucking media said about this goddamn thing today" lol. I cuss the most in talking to my husband. I don't care if anyone cusses around my kids, and the only time I look down on someone who swears is if they are swearing AT their kids. Calling them names or cussing them out for doing normal kid stuff.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Well, I don't look down on people who have "potty mouth", but I don't swear, and I do tell my kids that swearing shows a lack of class and imagination....aren't there better words to use.

It doesn't really bother me if other people swear, but I think they should show some discretion and not swear around kids......or in certain situations.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have a potty mouth....I dont curse around my son that much but sometimes it just pops out.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I swear I have never cursed and yes I do it so much its hardly noticeble and I take a what bob does approach and look dow on no one.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I can't lie, I do tend to have a "potty mouth", especially when driving or im irritated. I try to watch it around children, bc you know how quick they catch on. I don't tend to swear around other adults when meeting them for the 1st time bc you never know how far you can go before they are offended... But it seems as if I tell my Fiance' to watch his mouth more and more everyday around our daughter...
    Baby_Kisses08

Answer by Baby_Kisses08 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• down lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I try not to curse around my kids or in arenas where it's socially inappropriate. As my mom lectured me, "Cursing proves you don't know how to express yourself better, but there are sometimes no other word really fits the situation. When you can determine for yourself when and where it's appropriate, then you have earned the right to use those words."

As for me, the "F" word tends to slip out, especially when I get hurt or break something. But the one I seem to use the most lately is either a-hole or "juice bag" - which is how my sleepy youngest overheard and interpreted "douchebag". It's become the new "curse" around my house.

So, if you hear "JUICE BAG!" yelled at you while you're driving, it's probably me. LOL
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If I looked down on people who curse/cuss, I'd never be able to look in the mirror. My kids are furry so it doesn't really matter about language around them. We sort of watched it around our son, but only when we thought about it. I really don't think a whole lot about it.

However, I do filter for my MIL out of respect for her. I have, in the past three years, come up with some interesting substitute words.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• yes i swear, i cant help it at times. im trying to cut it down i use this word alot - "for the f*ck sake!" but some times i joke about it i do swear in front of my son sometimes but right now hes 1 soo donmt think he notices.. i dont really look down at it but u you say it at the wrong time then i say its not very classy or normal i guess ? idk
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2010