Cleaning?

So does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my house clean feeling exhausted with a clingy needy six month that I babysit and my trouble making 2 year old?

prettypaper

Asked by prettypaper at 12:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Pick up after yourselves regularly. Pick one day out of the week for a full cleaning job on the house. Try to de-clutter often. Stay as organized as possible. Teach your two year old to clean up with songs and games.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 12:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I am very good at picking up after myself but the problem is the catch up. We just moved in recently and I can't seem to get caught up. All the boxes are finally gone but there's still a mess of things all over the place.
    prettypaper

Comment by prettypaper (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My son use to help me clean up with dora songs or yo gaba gaba songs, Luckily I found a dvd of those shows all about cleaning, and that helped hiim learn it was fun. I am constantly cleaning up as I go, it must be 75% of my day lol. But I speed deep clean, I clean everyday for 10mins, what I dont do that day, i do the next day. So the kitchen at night, bathroom the next day, vacuum the next, swipe furniture the next. My four year old has his own laundry day, he helps put the cloths in the washer and dryer and folds them. Obviously I handle the detergent :P He also likes to vacumm, So i bought a light weight one for our new apartment he can push around and help. I let him put McQueen stickers all over it lol.
    ThaSs

Answer by ThaSs at 12:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Have you tried fly lady?  http://www.flylady.net/  You can sign up for a group that will send you a daily to-do list.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I focus on cleaning the rooms that don't get messy--like the bedrooms, and the main floor for those frequent unannounced "pop-overs" that I'm prone to! Then all I have to do is keep the family room and kitchen tidy on a regular basis--the kids playroom is in the basement, and I can just close the door! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2010