If you order something online...

like jewelry and it is sent to your house do you have to pay anything extra and sign when it gets here or will they just put it in the mailbox?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Shopping

• It really depends on the shipping company. I've ordered stuff like that through Amazon, and on certain things, they offer free shipping, on others it will note the shipping cost. I didn't have to sign for anything, but again, it completely depends on the company you order from.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It's always just been put in my mailbox or thrown on my porch.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Usualy just in the mailbos. There are very few things that you have to sign for. You can request insurance on your order from the company that you will have to pay for and then you would have to sign for it. But if you need insurance on it then it would not besomething I would trust getting onlline.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I've never had to pay anything, but depending on what it was that I ordered, I have had to sign - usually the big stuff like our XBox360 we have to sign for...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Usually it is based on the value of the item whether or not you have to sign for it or not. I have ordered cell phones that I've had to sign for & one that I have not. I believe (don't quote me on this), items valued at over $100 need a signature unless you request that the be left without signature & you take responsibility for any damages once delivered.
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Have never had to pay anything extra for something. But there are certain things... not sure if how its shipped, that will require a signature
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 12:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It depends on the package. Generally they'll just set it on the stoop or put it in the box.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Depends if they put a signature card on it or not.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• PFTTTT..I have had entire computer systems left by UPS right on my porch in plain view. Pissed me off right good too.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 1:32 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It depends on how they ship it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010