Do you work hard to keep a certain image at your child's school?

How and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in

• I don't work hard at it because my image is who I really am. I am a nice person, who loves my children dearly. I take time to volunteer at the school and in my community. I am a scientist with a love of science, sharing science and education. This is the image I portray everywhere I go, including my child's school, because that is who I am.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Why would you have to work hard at this?, when it is much easier to be yourself and not worry about image.

Answer by older at 12:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Nope. I am who I am... they can take it or leave it.

Let's just say the back of my van has a bumper sticker that says, "Bitch on board" and it hasn't moved yet, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Nope, I am who I am. I am a former student at my kids school so lots of people know me from going there. And thankfully I was the same person then that I am now. Well, except for maturity lol.

I am friendly and kind to anyone and everyone and try to be helpful when needed.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Never thought about it. I am who I am. My oldest dd's school called & told me I needed to get there immediately so I showed up in my tank top & pajama bottoms. I never stopped to think "What will they think of me?"
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It is not hard work. But I do work at being a responsible parent and to do my part for the school program.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Not really, I just make sure I have my face on and dressed decent before going into the building
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Nope. I am who I am, take it or leave it, this is what you get.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I totally get what you are saying, by this I mean yes you do try and put on a different face when at school. I mean my husband and I love to have BBQs and throw back a few shots now and then ya know New Years or a B day but especially at our school (these womaen are so prissy) the momswould totalyy frown upon this so in some ways I guess I do but since my son is getting older it is not much of a issue anymore. I have totally added a few moms I know onto Facebook and as far as I am concerned if they don't like my opinions on there and I guess they can delete me because I have very strong opinions about certain things on there!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No I am who I am.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010