What is going on in Afghanistan ?

We are not hearing much about Afghanistan these days.400 Americans have been killed this year and for what? What has this war turned into. Karzai, with Washingtons support is trying to negotiate with the Taliban. We don't know if we can even trust Karzai.

"And two of the most fundamental problems have yet to be addressed: the Afghan government’s lack of credibility with many of its own people; and Pakistan’s persistent double game, taking American aid while sheltering and abetting the Taliban."

Will they be coming home next year? Thoughts?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont imagine they will be coming home anytime soon.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 12:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My husband says the negotiations are a very bad idea. He is headed back over there within the next few months.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• The more we are told, the worse things can be. I have never thought the general public should know. That's how mass hysteria gets started. Ya know? But you're right, I haven't heard much, either. Even if negotiations are a bad idea, it may be the best of the bad situations, much like voting for president. You know, pick the lesser of the two evils? And no, I don't think they will be coming home soon. In fact, I think we will be in Afghanistan always now. Like Germany, Korea, Sinai, and other places. This is just another place that will be added to rotations for them once all this war business has gone away. And yes, I know technically we are not at war.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i've asked many of my military friends that have been to Afghanistan, and they all say the same thing. We are invading a country that doesn't want change and doesn't want help. They say they find a lot of people who disagree with us, and see us as enemies no matter how much we provide for them. I know we are trying to do them good and help them become a more uniformed country while still fighting against terrorism, but we cant change them when they dont' want to change.
    MandaLea

Answer by MandaLea at 11:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010