im in need

i am a 26 years old whom striaght out of high shool started with having my children and it seem to never had stop, i have 4 kids whom make me so happy and as a family we have been thru a grief and tromil, but where i come in need at is that i dont get any time for me im in need of friends and a soical life of some sort i really dont like to talk to family cause to much gossip and we all know how that ends up, i dont want to trust easily but, i feel like jumping out the window if i dont get out and socalize what can i do

movinup4

Asked by movinup4 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• Find a group from Cafe moms of moms in your area. That is what I have done. Now we are talking of meeting up for coffee.

GOOD LUCK

I feel your needs, been there.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 12:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Get out and socialize! People won't come to you, you need to go to them. What interests do you have besides your children?

Find volunteer opportunities. Churches, YWCA, Boys and Girls Clubs, United Way are all possibilities. Or maybe your local public library or a local hospital. Senior centers. ANYTHING, ANYPLACE that gets you out of the house.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Do you work? Try a part time (even 10 hours a week) job like at a movie rental store, grocery store, card shop, something where your main focus is customer interaction. It feeds your need to be around people, makes you a few bucks, and puts you in a position to meet a bunch of different people.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Check out meetup.com you can find groups in your area that have the same interests that you do.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2008